About This Course
The modern workplace is a complex landscape with varied skillsets, specializations, and goals. Organizations and teams that have a collaborative work culture often outperform others despite these differences.
Collaboration is when a group of people come together and contribute their expertise for the benefit of a shared objective, project, or mission. In this game-based workshop, we will explore the factors that make people good team-players and collaborators. The session is delivered using Discord– an online cooperative game where participants win by solving problems and working together.
In this high-energy and high-stakes virtual board game, participants work in teams to solve a challenging organizational situation. They must ensure that their needs are met, while accommodating the requirements from other teams and ensuring that customer priorities never lose focus.
- Part 1 – Game Introduction: Participants are assigned to teams and the rules of the game are explained.
- Part 2 – Game Immersion: Participants work in teams to play the game
- Part 3 – Exploration Participants will explore the 5 work styles based on Thomas Kilmann’s work. With this knowledge, they will identify their own style of working and then explore strategies to adopt a collaborative work style.
Skill Drill 2: Collaborative Behaviors (30 minutes)
Based on their experiences, participants will co-create a list of behaviors that promote collaboration at the workplace.
Skill Drill 3: Making it Last (30 minutes)
Participants create an action plan for being more collaborative at work. This plan would include the next steps they should take. The plan also includes a self-evaluation.
- 1 x post-workshop online micro-simulation
- Learning nudges on days 2,5,10,15
- Post-workshop feedback
- Post-workshop micro-simulation scores
- Learner stories: short stories articulated by learners about finding real-world applications of the concepts taught during the workshop. These stories can be captured in the form of a blog or vlog.
- No Prerequisites
- All Levels