About This Course
Today’s workforce operates in a highly dynamic and complex environment. Priorities can change frequently, and stakeholder conflicts can quickly snowball into issues that have a direct impact on efficiency, productivity, and customer facing KPIs.
In this virtual simulation driven workshop, participants will explore techniques to stay on top of everyday productivity challenges and get more done.
A personal productivity and time management survey
Skill Drill 1: Kanban – Understanding the Core Principles (1.5 hour)
Managing team productivity is about helping teams prioritize and focus on tasks that have the maximum impact towards their shared goals while ensuring that routine tasks do not pile up. The Japanese Kanban methodology is a framework that relies on simple techniques like visualizing the flow of work and reducing work-in-progress to dramatically improve everyday workplace productivity. In this experiential, simulation driven session, managers will explore the Kanban framework and understand its key principles. In this section, participants will:
- Explore the Kanban framework
- Understand the core principles of Kanban – visualizing the flow of work and reducing work-in-progress
- Manage and maintain a personal Kanban board
- Use applications and technology to manage personal and team Kanban boards
- Identify simple rules to prioritize and reprioritize tasks
Skill Drill 2: Creating Team Kanban (1 hour)
In this session, managers will explore strategies to implement the Kanban framework in their own teams. They will learn to use tools like Trello, PowerPoint, Excel, Mural, Miro and Google Keep to maintain a team Kanban board.
- 1 x post-workshop online micro-simulation
- Learning nudges on days 2, 5, 10, 15
- Post-workshop feedback
- Post-workshop micro-simulation scores
Learner stories: short stories articulated by learners about finding real-world applications of the concepts taught during the workshop. These stories can be captured in the form of a blog or vlog.
- No prerequisites
- Managers at all levels