About This Course
Successful people understand the importance of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In this application-oriented micro-workshop, participants will develop an appreciation for stakeholder management as a professional skill. They will also learn techniques to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skill Drill 1: The Rules
In this skill drill, participants will play a virtual simulated game in which they will lead a new project in a fictitious organization. The success or failure of their project will depend on the participants’ ability to create, manage, and leverage their internal relationships. Through the simulation, participants will discover the rules of relationship management:
- Don’t fall prey to stranger-danger
- Treat everyone as equals
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Be ready to give if you want to get
- Celebrate relationships and not transactions
Skill Drill 2: Apply the Rules
In this skill drill, participants will use the five rules of business management to various workplace situations.
- Online survey of reports from the learners and managers.
- Learning nudges on days 1, 10, 30, and 60
- No prerequisites
- Individual Contributors